Head of Product Portfolio Management (m/f) East Africa
Mobisol is one of the world’s leading companies for Solar Home Systems with approximately 600 passionate employees, delivering a clean and affordable alternative to fossil fuels for low-income households (living without access to reliable energy). Our dedicated product line combines solar energy with innovative mobile technology and accessible microfinancing. Having successfully installed more than 70,000 solar home systems in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, mobisol is now moving into the business at a larger scale – thereby stimulating economic and social development in developing countries while simultaneously contributing to global environmental protection. Our commitment to quality, product innovation, and sustainable development makes us a highly inspiring community to work with.
To support our teams in Berlin, Rwanda, Kenya and Tanzania Mobisol is looking for a
Head of Product Portfolio Management (m/f)
in East Africa
With a strong background in product portfolio planning and pricing
Location: Berlin, Germany with frequent travel to East Africa
As Mobisol´s head of product portfolio management you will be responsible for our existing product portfolio as well as for the development of new bundles of products in close cooperation with the country offices in Tanzania, Rwanda and Kenya and the technical departments in Berlin. You will build products from existing ideas and work on pricing and product strategies for Mobisol to remain competitive in our target markets in East Africa. You will play the key role when it comes to decision making before we launch a new product or vary specifications of existing products.
- Close monitoring of the profitability of the existing product portfolio
- Involvement in the product development process including the sourcing of appliances
- Lead 10+ people across the countries
- Management of the product life cycle
- Pricing of new and existing products
- Coordination between the country offices (sales, customer experience) and the departments at headquarters
- Establish and lead the product management board and the costumer centric innovation lab at Mobisol in close cooperation with the R&D department
- Lead the decision making process in close cooperation with the executive board
- Requirements management
- Documentation of product version´s history
- Direct reporting line to C-Level
- MBA or management diploma with a minimum of 7 years experience in the role of a product manager, ideally in a technology driven company
- A least 3 years leadership experience
- High level of familiarity with the management of the product development process including pricing and customer experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams and to mentor junior colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel frequently (worldwide and in particular to our East African subsidiaries)
- Ability to coordinate and motivate team members and stakeholders across three continents to develop and streamline Mobisol´s products
- A flexible and analytic mind who is able to work in a fast paced environment
- A teamplayer who is able to prevail if necessary
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product-quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team of individuals who combine professional expertise with personal passion. In addition to joining a wonderful global community, you will receive an attractive benefit package with direct participation in the success of our company.
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please send your application (letter of motivation, CV, references) with the subject line “Product Portfolio Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Ms Anne Heiduck in Berlin via phone at +49-30-9700-2556.
Show some love and please mention The Changer in your application.