Value Chain Fund Manager (f/m)
Fairphone is looking for a Value Chain Fund Manager with a key focus on managing externally funded projects, to become part of our growing team of passionate people who work to achieve our mission. If you are as excited as we are about creating positive change, then have a look at our vacancy below. We are looking for:
Value Chain Fund Manager (f/m)
As our new Fund Manager you will be part of the Value Chain Team that fosters sustainability in Fairphone’s entire supply chain, which comprises the four main areas: mining, design, manufacturing, and recycling. In your role, your main focus will be the development & project management of impact projects that are funded by external parties, as well as funding acquisition and (co)developing our funding strategy for an expansion of the funded projects portfolio. In this role you will work closely together with other members from our Value Chain team.
- You feel a strong connection with Fairphone’s vision and values. You would like to match the work that you do with a commitment to putting social values first.
- You are flexible, work in a transparent way and have a positive outlook.
- You are pro-active, hands on and you are a great team player.
- You embrace diversity in thoughts, opinions, and backgrounds and feel good working with many nationalities in a multicultural environment.
- You have the ability to integrate yourself in the work environment of a startup company that is fast paced and determined by change.
- You are willing to travel abroad.
- You are willing to perform high and low level tasks for the projects at hand.
- You (are willing to) live in the Netherlands and have the right to work within the EU.
- Co-developing the Fairphone Value Chain funding strategy & structure.
- Acquisition of funding, including subsidy applications & relation management.
- Development of project funding proposals.
- Fund management, including monitoring & reporting on donor requirements.
- Project management of funded projects in which Fairphone is project manager.
- Project coordination internally, as well as with external partners.
- Management of legal, financial and administrative obligations of the funded projects in accordance with funding and external partners.
- Preparing internal and external reports.
- Assisting in (the organization of) disseminating activities like workshops, website, conferences and publications.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key external stakeholders and acting as first contact for the mentioned projects.
- Communicating publicly about the social and environmental aspects of the projects and their results in close cooperation with our Communications team.
Your Skills & Experiences:
- You have at least a Master’s degree.
- You have extensive (5+ years) experience in project management and coordination between project partners.
- You have experience in writing project proposals and a thorough understanding of subsidy, impact financing, and loan schemes.
- You are creative in initiating and setting up new projects and converting high level strategy and ideas into practice.
- You understand project related administrative issues, finances, procedures and organization.
- You have excellent interpersonal & communication skills and you are capable of developing and maintaining a high level network.
- You have experience in communicating and coordinating with multiple parties while keeping a master schedule and plan on track.
- You are hands-on, proactive and able to function independently.
- You are proficient in English; other language skills are a plus.
- You are proficient in MS office.
Some basic principles you should feel comfortable with:
Fairphone is at an early stage of formalizing its business processes. You focus on how things could be rather than on how things should be. We are building this company together, so don’t expect others to build it for you.
Assume it is going to be a wild ride! Enjoy it.
What can Fairphone offer you?
- Fairphone gives you the opportunity to create impact across continents.
- Being part of Fairphone means being part of the change to influence another way of doing business.
- The opportunity to bring more impact into the company.
- Join a work environment full of international, passionate, warm hearted team members.
- Daily, healthy lunch, organic fairchain coffee, lemonade and many more tasty things for a low, monthly contribution.
- Public transport allowance – we support you if you come by public transport.
- Bike allowance – we support you for a bike purchase with up to 300 Euros.
- In-house bike repairs.
- Weekly Yoga sessions at the office.
- Weekly Bootcamp sessions with personal trainer.
- Weekly Dutch lessons with a language teacher at the office.
- You can cook at the office on Fairphone’s costs.
- Compensation in accordance with local market standards.
Application Deadline: 8th May 2017
If this sounds like you, you could be our new Value Chain Fund Manager and together with us work on Fairphone’s mission: to create a fairer economy.
Show some love and please mention The Changer in your application.